Thursday, November 02, 2006

Too busy to read to your kids?

"Each night I spend about 45 minutes reading to the boys. I first of all read some book like Algonquin Indian Tales, or the poetry of Scott or Macaulay. I have also been reading them each evening from the Bible, most recently the story of Saul, David and Jonathan. They have been so interested that several times I have had to read them more than one chapter. Then each says his prayers and repeats the hymn he is learning. Each one finally got one hymn perfect, whereupon in accordance with previous instructions from their mother, I gave each one of them a nickel."
The White House, 1903; President of the United States Theodore Roosevelt

1 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are some favorites you read to the girls?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home