Friday, December 08, 2006

Check this beauty out!

I want to point you to a website, not because of what it says (I haven't even thoroughly read it myself yet), but because of two things: how it looks, and who it is by. We're talking about beauty and trust, two things that should characterize authentically Christian interaction. One of my concerns, which are many, with much current church youth ministry, and "contemporary" church stuff in general, is that it is frequently so visually ugly, displaying the same dark, random, hyperactive characteristics as the world incessantly throws at us. We must recover a love of beauty if our witness is to be effective. Secondly, one of the most useful things we can do for our children is to teach them how to learn who to trust, which messages in all the noise headed their way is reliable, truthful, helpful (edifying!). So, when I first logged on to the abondanteliving.com/ website, I was wowed by its visual beauty and I know, by reputation, the people behind it. That will draw me back to hear what they have to say. Check it out and let me know what you think.

1 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Here is the site:
http://www.abondanteliving.com/

Thank you for sharing some food for thought!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home