Friday, March 23, 2007

Category Man: I've been Kellerized

My thanks to Kimball Parker and Mark Driscoll for pointing me to the preaching ministry of Tim Keller. Senior Pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City, Keller has a gift for synthesizing and categorizing Biblical and cultural concepts in ways that respect complexity and grab you. This guy gets it.
You can download a dozen or so of his sermons for free here.
Question: How transferable are Keller's "city" principles to a less urban setting? (Can you say, "Olympia"?...or even "Shelton"?)

1 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the fan club. I have been Kellerized almost a year now and still digesting a lot of stuff.

One thing helpful for me is to process "city" as "neighborhood" or "community" (the where, not the who).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home