Monday, April 30, 2007

The joy of dumpster stomping

Five reasons why my Palm One is programmed to remind me to climb into the dumpster at school every Monday, and jump up and down awhile:
1. It saves us hundreds of dollars each year on garbage fees.
2. I need the exercise.
3. It is humbling, and I need to constantly remind myself that I do not grow in biblical humility simply by hearing the command and hoping; humble intentions need habitual humble acts. Especially those of us with a measure of authority need "the dumpster effect" to remind us not to lord it over others. There is one Lord of our one Faith.
4. It is, I hope, a good example to my students.
5. It brings joy, to practice simple acts of obedience that tie my life together, acts that integrate faith and behavior, intent and practice, attitude and acts.

1 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Mary said...

That's a great witness. I'll let you know when I come up with a comparable one in my life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home